Interested in coaching? EPAA is always looking for volunteers who are looking to step up and coach on one of our rec or travel soccer teams. The process is straight forward and helping our youth develop as individuals as well as soccer players is very rewarding.
You will receive ongoing support in your coaching development. In order to coach there are certain requirements that need to be met:
1. You must be aged 15 or over (age 15-17 can not head coach)
2. You will need to be available to run or assist at practices during weekday evenings
3. You will need to be available for games at the weekend - Rec and Girls Travel on Saturdays and Boys Travel on Sundays
4. You must be able to pass a background check per township ordinance
TOWNSHIP REQUIRED BACKGROUND CHECK FOR REC OR TRAVEL SOCCER COACHING
At this time there are no additional certifications required for Rec coaching.
TRAVEL COACH LICENSING / CERTIFICATION
All coaches (both Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches) must be licensed and/or certified to receive a US Club Soccer Coach Pass to coach SJSL and SJGSL teams. You must complete either #1 or #2 below.
1. Existing Coaches Holding Current Licenses SJSL/SJGSL will accept coaches with the State Certificate, F, E or D license, or any national license if the coach also completed the Rutgers course.
2. New Coaches – Certification As a New Coach, you will need to attend a NJYS State Certification or South Jersey League Certification course, comprised of both classroom and field based components. NJYS courses can be found at http://www.njyslive.com/home.php?layout=5576621 and South Jersey League course information is at www.sjsl.org in the Coaches/Club Reps menu on the front page. Please note that South Jersey League courses will limit you to coaching in SJSL and SJGSL. NJYS certification is required for EDP and some tournaments.
US CLUB TRAVEL COACH REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
In addition to holding a valid License / Certification, ALL travel coaches must complete the following steps in order to receive a Coach Pass.
1. SAFESPORT ONLINE TRAINING
Please click here to send an email and receive an auto-reply with the link, U.S. Soccer access code, and instructions to take the course.
2. SIDELINE SPORTS DOC
Go to following link: usclubsoccer.sidelinesportsdoc.com/ Cost is $5.00
3. BACKGROUND SCREENING NOTE: this step can only be completed AFTER you have completed #1 (SafeSport Online Training) and #2 (Sideline Sports Doc). Go to the following link: Background Screening Application. Cost is $18.00
Costs will be reimbursed upon successful completion of all the steps
Once you have completed all of the steps above please contact Chris Bygrave at firstname.lastname@example.org who will guide you through the township registration process
If you have any questions or feedback regarding this process please contact Chris Bygrave at email@example.com or call or text to 609.923.3049
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VOLUNTEERING TO COACH WITH THE EPAA!